In Episode 5 of the podcast I continue my conversation with Penland potter, Nick Joerling. Nick has been a member of the community around the Penland School of Crafts for many years and his roadside studio is a favorite to visit.
Find out more about Nick here.
|Nick and I at his Penland, NC studio|
- living and working in the Penland community
- recording the object
- a funny story about ye olde pug mill
- Jack's 20 Questions
- words and pots
- Nick's literary queues
- food, lust, and pottery
- using pots or not
- taking chances and playing
boundaries that potters work within
- Jon Ellenbogen & Becky Plummer
- Linda Christianson
- Silvie Granatelli
- Ellen Shankin
- Jack Troy
- Douglass Rankin & Will Ruggles
- Peter Schjeldahl
- Mark Shapiro
- Sam Taylor
- Isamu Noguchi
|mug by Nick Joerling|
- Kenneth Price review by Peter Schjeldahl
- Pottery on the Hill, The Hill Center, Washington, DC
- a exciting new pottery project at Studio KotoKoto
- "Days of Endless Time" at the Hirshorn
- Freer/Sackler Galleries and Louise Cort
Podcast AppsI have been using and loving the Downcast podcast app. I totally recommend it!
Overcast. It's a simple yet powerful app and it looks beautiful as well! So many options! ;-)
Thanks SO much for listening!